Pages

Saturday 17 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Day 1

DAY 1/17th December
Activity 1
After you have read the quick facts about each place you must choose ONE country that you would like to ‘visit.’ On your blog post the name of the country and tell us why you have chosen to visit it. Please give, at least, two reasons for choosing the country.
I would like to visit Japan
Why I want to go to Japan is
  1. Because it’s a beautiful country and there are so many people living there in peace and harmony
  2. Because Japan is made up of 127.3 Million ( 2013 ) people

I would also like to visit Canada
  1. Because I would love to explore this country and also visit some of their cool and interesting areas/places
  2. Because Canada is a place that is close to the U.S and I always wanted to visit  some states in the U.S and it would be cool to see new and different things like:
Shops, Food, Buildings, Parks, Tourist places, Churches, Schools, Universities etc.

Activity 2
On Google, research the country that you have chosen to visit and write, in your own words, three interesting facts about that country. They must be facts that weren’t already provided on the World Map.
Facts about Japan
  1. There are over 50,000 people in Japan that are over 100 years of age
  2. Most of the streets in Japan don't even have names
  3. In Japan Black cats are considered luck

Facts about Canada
  1. Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world
  2. The North American Beaver is the national animal of Canada
  3. In Canada some police give good tickets to people who do good things

Bonus round
Write a letter to a friend or family member to tell them that you are going to visit your country of choice. In your letter, please tell them where you are going, why you have decided to go to the particular country and how long you will be away. Feel free to invite them to join you, if you’d like!
Hi Mum
I am going to visit Japan and Canada because they’re two beautiful countries. I want to start exploring the world, starting with these countries which are my favourite. I will be away for a four weeks in January. I want to invite you to go with me on this trip. What better way to explore these two countries as a Mother-Daughter duo.
I hope you say yes, because I don't really want to go by myself.

Your loving daughter

Cherise

3 comments:

Aaliyahna M said...

Hi Cherry! (Cherise) I absoulety love all the Work you are doing! Enjoy blogging! Continue up with all the good work! Merry Christmas!

Your Bestfriend!
Aaliyahna

Unknown said...

Hi Cherise!

Welcome back to the Summer Learning Journey programme. I am so happy to see that you have decided to join us again. That's awesome!

I love that you've chosen to visit Japan and Canada this summer for the programme. They are both such amazing countries! I had the opportunity to grow up in Canada and I also had the chance to live in Japan for a year back in 2006. I loved it! I lived in Nagano City teaching English with a conversation school called Nova. When I was living in Nagano I used to visit the local temple (shrine) every week. It was called Togakushi and it was really spectacular.

I must admit that I did not know that there were so many people in Japan who were over the age of 100. 50 000 people is an incredible number! I wonder if you or anyone in your family will live to be 100...

I don't have anyone in my family who is 100 but my partner's dad recently passed away at the age of 101. Pretty amazing 'eh?!

Well, I hope that you keep blogging and posting such interesting facts. I am learning a lot already!

Keep up the great work, Cherise :)

I am so happy that you're blogging with us this holiday,

Rachel

Unknown said...

Kia ora Cherise!

I'm Mark, one of the teachers working on the Summer Learning Journey you've done so well in getting into. WOW, can I just say, your answers are fantastic. They are well formatted, easy to read, and contain good content.

I have been to Japan several times and have friends in Canada! So this is all great for me to read. I can't wait to get started on your other posts and have a good read too. This is going to be fantastic.

I remember once touring a castle in Kamogawa prefecture all on my own and some local Japanese asked if they could take a photo with me. When I asked why they said because I looked cool with my curly hair! It was strange, but all good, they were young and very nice.

I hope you're having a wonderful summer holiday and keep doing your best on our learning journey! I'm looking forward to reading and commenting on the other 3 days of blogging you've done!

Kia kaha,

Mark

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.