Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

Olympic Games

Winter
Learning Journey
Little bit of Info

So let's start off with telling you guys a little bit of information about the first ever Olympic Games.

Okay so it all starts off with the ancient city of Olympia in Greece thousands of years ago the first Olympic Games were being held in 776 BC also invited the men of Greece was to participate.

The involving Games: wrestling, jumping, discus throwing, running, boxing, horse and chariot races, pankration, and the pentathlon.

Activity 1
If I had a choice out of these few sport
pankration, wrestling, horse racing, running, boxing and pentathlon

I would have to pick Horse racing because it would be a great experience to work with a beautiful animal and I would improve heap on controlling things.

A little bit of info
In the Olympic Games the winner was called the Olympionic and also instead of getting a gold medal like now days they used to got a leaf placed in their hands and a crown


Activity 2
My 3 facts I have found:

  1. Milo from the Magna Graecia City of Croton

  2.  I researched on wiki and it had said that his death was      unknown but he was attempting to to reap a tree apart with his bear hand as his hand was trapped in the trunk

  3. On another site I have seen this statement
( Most historians agree that Milo remains to this day the greatest wrestler and fighter )

Bonus level
In the Olympic Games women were not allowed to participate and were not even allowed to watch the Olympics.

Question
Is this rule fair?
I think this rule is would be disrespectful for the woman back then as they might of thought that the men were thinking wrong about them and thinking they're not good enough But on the other hand men back then might of thought is was good to not run against them.

But if I had to choose I think this rule is totally not fear for those girls who wanted to participate in the games.

Is this Rule interesting

I think this is a interesting rule because it's different But I also think it isn't because the all women in Greece weren't even allowed to watch.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cherise,

Wow! You have done such a great job with the Winter Learning Journey so far. It's amazing to see that you have already completed three activities and earned 18 points. Ka pai!

I really enjoyed reading your entire post and I loved the way that you included some interesting facts alongside the activities. That is not an easy thing to do but you did it very well. I liked reading that you would have chosen to participate in the horse racing. I think that it would have been a great way to learn basic control as well as balance and flexibility. It would have also been fun to work with horses. In my opinion, horses are truly gorgeous animals.

I hope that you continue to do such great work over the next few weeks. I'll look forward to checking your blog tomorrow to see if you've had a chance to complete anymore of the activities.

Until then, enjoy a lovely afternoon with your family/friends!

Cheers,
Rachel

cherise said...

Thank you

cherise said...

Also it was a very cool activity
Once again thank for putting all
of you effort it to making this
cool site

Cherise

cherise said...

Also it was a very cool activity
Once again thank for putting all
of you effort it to making this
cool site

Cherise

cherise said...

Thank you

Unknown said...

It is my pleasure! I love blogging with you and am looking forward to reading all of your posts over the next few weeks!

Cheers, Rachel

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.