Pages

Friday 3 February 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Day 9

Day 9/25th Dec 2016
Activity 1
Now that you have met my family it is time to think about your own family. On your blog tell us about your family. How many people are in your family? Do you have any brothers or sisters? What are their names?
Family
So, Let’s start off with the basics my family is made up of 1, 2, 3 ( joking ) 6 people So first there's my MUM ( Kim ) and my DAD ( Dan ). I have 3 sibling ( 2 girls and 1 boy ) Names are Danielle and
Activity 2
Some families are very large and some are very small. Some of the smallest families are found in China where parents are allowed, by law, to have only one child. This is quite different from countries like America (U.S.A.) where some families have as many as 19 or 20 children. It is rare but it does happen!
In America, there is actually a family with 19 children who have their own television show called ’19 Kids and Counting.’ All 19 children have the same two parents (Jim Bob and Michelle) and every single one of the children has a name starting with the letter ‘J.’ The oldest children is a boy named Josh and the youngest is a girl named Josie. Amazing!
If you’d like to see a small clip from the show, follow this link: 19 Kids and Counting
Imagine that you were one of the Duggar children and you had 18 brothers and sisters. What do you think it would be like to have so many sisters and brothers living with you in one house? On your blog please tell us what you would like and what you wouldn’t like about living in such a large family.
What do you think it would be like to have so many sisters and brothers living with you in one house?
I think it would be really cool because I would have so many influences and I would never be only because like dahh 18 brothers and sisters. I would also have someone to talk to, a friend and maybe even a best friend ( hehe )
What you would like about living in such a large family?
I would like probably everything!!!!!!!! Like when we go on cool trips and other things like that.
What I wouldn't like about being in such a large family?
Hmmm, not enough attention because 19 kids that's a lot I really wouldn’t like if a was lift out and yea I think that's it.
Bonus
Choose a family member and conduct a short interview. In the interview ask them five questions about themselves:
  1. What is your name?
  2. Where were you born?
  3. How many siblings do you have?
  4. What is your favourite thing about living in New Zealand?
  5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
Post the answers on your blog.    
What is your name? Kim
Where were you born? Auckland, New Zealand - Middlemore Hospital
How many siblings do you have? 2 siblings
What is your favourite thing about living in New Zealand? Family’s all here
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why? Hawaii because family friend said it's a beautiful country


Sorry really really wanted to do another one
What is your name? Danielle
Where were you born? Auckland, New Zealand - Middlemore Hospital
How many siblings do you have? 3 siblings
What is your favourite thing about living in New Zealand?

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why? South Africa, Europe, Asia and the Pacific Ocean (Sorry she just wouldn't stop) because want to travel the world

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cherise,

You are the first person in the Summer Learning Journey programme to interview two different people for this activity. Way to go! (You never need to apologise for working hard and being motivated. I love to see it!)

It was really interesting to learn more about your mom and your sister, Danielle. It sounds like Danielle wants to travel all over the world. That is really cool! I'm like her and love to travel. One day I would also like to go to South Africa, Europe, Asia and Hawaii (like your mom). It is supposed to be a very beautiful spot. I will have to start saving my pennies so that I can go to these different places one day. It's not cheap to travel but I think that it would be really worthwhile going. I would love to learn more about people's cultures and try different kinds of food...

I hope that you and your family are able to travel to all of these amazing places one day as well. In Activity #1 for today you mentioned that you have 3 siblings. You listed Danielle but I couldn't seem to find the names of your other sister and brother. Am I missing them somewhere?

Hope that you and your whole family have a wonderful week!

Cheers,
Rachel :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.